Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Love Potion

Last week, after having a large number of guests come through my home, I realized that I was on to something special. Unbeknownst to me, I had concocted a world-class Love Potion. It happened innocently enough after making my son Beau his morning smoothie. I couldn't bear the thought of tossing the leftover drink down the drain once again so I decided that I would use the remainder as the base for the green drink that everyone was supporting me in having more of. So I added in all the healthy ingredients that I was encouraged to consume and voila, I had a drink that was not only delicious but healthy as well. So for the last few months, I have whipped up all the special greens along with the remains of what I call the Beau shake and it has become my newfound Love Potion -- the green drink of all green drinks.


Here is my soulful Love Potion recipe for a glorious Spring:


Chocolate Soy Dream


Equal amount of Vanilla Rice Dream


Ripe bananas (or frozen bananas if you like your shake cold)


1 scoop of organic fresh or frozen berries


4 heaping teaspoons of organic cacao nibs (I use David Wolfe's cacao nibs. Cacao is supposed to be one of the healthiest foods on the planet.)


1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (I like chocolate. You can use any kind you like.)


1 big heaping handful of fresh spinach (It doesn't seem like a likely partner, but you've got to get your greens in.)


1 big heaping scoop of Vitamineral Green (Be careful not to put too much of this in. You can ruin the whole thing and make it taste too green.)


Some organic shelled hemp seed (Hemp seeds are a great source of protein and Omega-3s. The girls at VitaLife and my friend Cheryl Richardson, another queen of green drink, swear by it.)


Some good water


Blend the ingredients for a minute. And voila, you have health and happiness in a glass. If you're looking for more love, more passion and more inner and outer strength, this is a worthy recipe.


With love and blessings,


Debbie Ford

 

p.s. Do not drink the Love Potion at night unless you want to be up all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment